Saturday, June 9, 2012

Friday Jams: nerdyfuntimes edition!

Hey there!

Here's a quick friday jams post while it is still friday!  (ed. note: I wrote this last night, really, and must have been really tired because I didn't actually post it, sorry!!)

Jam:
Star Wars Radio Play from the 2012 ECCC
This video features some of the best voice actors in the biz, doing some of the voices that they're most known for in a live reading of Star Wars scenes.  This includes Kevin Conroy (Batman) and TARA FREAKING STRONG (Bubbles, Twilight Sparkle, Raven and SO MANY MORE).  I could've done without so many celebrity impressions but I was still dying with laughter and I bet you will too!

Jelly:
I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH.  I've read it twice now, and this past week, I started reading it, after getting about halfway through and putting it aside months ago, and honestly it's like I never left.  The premise (as I understand it) is that instead of emigrating to Israel a large portion of European Jews were given a piece of Alaska to settle in.  The story itself is a really good police procedural built within this reality and it's just perfection. 

Marmalade:
Alkaline Trio!
I love that Alkaline Trio has gotten even more catchy than they already were but they still maintain a nice air of spookiness, they are one of my go to bands when I am in a rotten mood and need to sing in the car.

That's it for this week, have a great weekend!

love and cupcakes,
Ms Meghan

No comments: