For those who do not watch AT, LSP is a purple, cloud-shaped, Princess of Lumpy Space, a dimension full of glowing nebulas, pastel clouds. She has a decidedly Valley Girl-esque lifestyle and accent. LSP is known for her sass and catchphrases, including “oh my GLOB”, “what the lump!”, and of course, “hey girl!”
One of my favorite things about LSP is she is completely unashamed of who she is and what she looks like because she knows, “when I work these lumps, no man is immune to their influence.” She is an icon of body-positivity and being true to yourself and I will lumpin' love her until the end of time for that. So I decided to try and put together a fresh to death look in her honor.
For my eyes I used the following products: MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre (any primer will do though), Buxom Stay There Eyeshadow in Poodle, Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Honey, Fishnet and Maui Wowie, NYX Loose Pearl Eyeshadow in Purple, MAC Kitchmas Pigment, Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in El Dorado and 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion.
(L-R: Poodle, Maui Wowie, Honey, El Dorado, Fishnet, NYX Purple, Kitchmas. The peachy vertical swatch on the left that you can barely see is Benefit Georgia worn as blush)
I actually made a Vine of the whole eye look, but I think it goes by too fast to outline the look properly.
- Soft Ochre goes all over the lower and upper lid, up to the eyebrow.
- Use a small, synthetic brush to apply Poodle to the inner third of the upper and lower lid.
- Apply the Purple Pearl Powder onto the other 2/3 of the upper lid only, and apply Fishnet into the crease, blending well.
- Apply Honey on top of Poodle on the upper lid, making sure to blend very well into the purple side.
- On the lower lid inner third, apply Maui Wowie on top of Poodle
- With a damp liner brush, apply Kitchmas on the outer 2/3 of the lid making sure to flick the end out past the edge of your eye.
- Line your upper lid with black liquid (or gel) liner, giving yourself a little bit of a cat eye to match the flick from Kitchmas.
- Lightly line the outer 2/3 of the lower lid with El Dorado for contrast.
- Fill in your brows, apply a matte, light highlight to your brow bone, mascara your lashes and you are done and OH MY GLOB GIRL you look so good!
Do whatever cleanup under your eyes you may need to do and use your favorite primer/foundation/powder to make your skin look fab. Contour your cheeks a little with your favorite matte bronzer; I use Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer. After contouring, apply a sheer peachy highlighter instead of blush. For the record we are highlighting and contouring because isn't it obvie? You gotta work those lumps girl.
And finally, any LSP look would not be complete without a set of luscious lips. While LSP favors power reds for her lip looks, I think it would overwhelm the lumpin' awesome eye look we put together. So I slicked on some Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade and topped it with NARS Lip Gloss in Super Orgasm. Both shades are peachy-pink and Super Orgasm has killer shine and gold shimmer, so it really does give you luscious lips, no zombie formula required.
For my bodacious curls, I tinted my very light blonde hair lilac with a teeny bit of Special Effects Wildflower Purple mixed with a lot of conditioner, washed and conditioned my hair, put in a little Paul Mitchell Thicken Up at the roots and Garnier Hair, Face and Body Oil very lightly on the ends and went to bed with wet hair. In the morning I put my (straight, chin length, layered) hair into 4 little bumps, I mean buns, 2 in the front and 2 in the back.
|BUUUUNS! Taken from my Instagram feed! I'm cupcakecore there if you wanna follow!|
I gave each bun a shot of hot and then cool air from the hair dryer, left the buns in, and went about my day. Maybe an hour later, I took out all the buns, spritzed my hair with Not Your Mother's Beach Spray, gently fluffed, and then scrunched in some Got2B Volumizing Powder at the roots. I also pinned up the hair at the back of my neck because it didn't curl quite right and was kind of unsightly.
I kept my nails simple but gorgeous, opting for a rich lilac with a strong gold shimmer, Zoya Zara. It is a beautiful nail polish, and well worth the 3 coats it takes to reach opacity.
And that is my LSP look, which I think is fresh enough for promcoming or just hanging out by the fire making beans.
|OH MY GLOB!|
So tell me lovelies, do you adore LSP? Or is there another Adventure Time lady who has stolen your heart? Do share in the comments!